With the accreditation to the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) ICCSS received new opportunities to enhance chemical safety and security and cybersecurity through United Nations system.
ICCSS was added to the List of Accredited Organizations with Observer Status to UNEP that is also available online. ICCSS is the only organization placed in Poland which received UNEP accreditation.
ICCSS will seek to move chemical and bio safety and security and cybersecurity higher on the international and UN agenda as leading issues for enhancing protection of environment. This will constitute an important element in reducing carbon print, thus enhancing climate protection. The primary condition of the implementation of the development goals is to increase "innovative driving force" of green economy. ICCSS enhances green economy by opening new opportunities for integrated approaches and implementation of global governance in chemical safety and security and cybersecurity.
According to Rule 70 of the rules of procedure of the United Nations Environment Assembly of UNEP ICCS has received an Accreditation which brings many advantages with respect to participation in the work of UNEP’s Governing Bodies, including the United Nations Environment Assembly of UNEP and the Committee of Permanent Representatives.
As the UN accredited organization ICCSS will:
- Participate in the Regional Consultation Meeting to be held in Easter Europe, in preparation for the Assembly;
- Contribute in the preparation of Regional Civil Society Statements towards UNEP and the Assembly;
- Receive unedited working documents of the United Nations Environment Assembly at the same time as the Committee of the Permanent Representatives (CPR);
- Submit to the UN Environment Secretariat written contributions to these unedited working documents for distribution to the Governments through the Committee of the Permanent Representatives (CPR);
- Participate in the public Meetings of the Committee of Permanent Representatives, the Assembly and the Global Major Groups and Stakeholders Forum, an associated meeting of the UN Environment Assembly (including via tele- or video conference).
- Attend the plenary sessions of the Committee of the Whole and the Ministerial Consultations as observers and to exchange views and interact with Governments present;
- Circulate written statements to Governments, in the form of information documents through the UNEP secretariat;
- Make oral statements during the discussions of the United Nations Environmental Assembly of UNEP.
Relevant info and documents: